The Whole Lot

Previous Games:


In this post, I will list all the games and a utility program that I have written till now.By that i mean to say , all the programs that are almost complete (except 1).However it will not include the code that i wrote for testing the programs, the codes that I wrote while practicing various concepts for  OCPJP 7 or codes from competetive programming(because that alone will make more than 200 files.) So , here we go :-

QBASIC:

These are my most notable programs in Qbasic.For all of them, paste the folders/ files in the Qb64 file location and then open the .bas file in the IDE and run.




Ping pong ~~> This was the first game that I wrote, or indeed, the first program that was more than      30 lines of code.The whole game was written entirely in pen and paper.The only minor problem is that the collision detection is not really that good.Also , understanding the code is quite difficult.


Records ~~>  This is the only utility-type program in this bunch(although lately, I have written a couple of file parsers and whatnot for my father in java).This is like a database program, except that the only features in it are adding and searching using optional fields.Also the fields are fixed.

Spaceshooter~~> This was my first complete game ,with highscores, sound and some,let's say, 'imaginative' pictures.I gave this game to our school fest when i was  in the seventh standard.Also , it is worth mentioning that I even made a pause option.Further , it was the first game where I started taking mouse input.

Snake ~~> This is a remake of the old snake game.The code is quite readable.

PacMan~~> This is by far my best game written in qbasic. This is the first game where I made use of AI that followed the exact rule of the actual ghosts of the Pacman game.However, I had only three ghosts.But that does not make the game any less difficult. However, as I did not learn about  A* algorithm (or for that matter any algorithm ) till this year's January , the code is lengthy.

Although I had written several other smaller programs in QB64 ,These are the best.For the inputs in all the games,it is either in a function or , in case of PingPong not having learnt function then, I think it is 'I' and 'U' for up, down.Just search for INKEY$ and the input code will be somewhere nearby.In the later games , mostly the input is through a key scans, usually arrow keys.

All this code was written between September 2014-March 2015.




JAVA:

The input for these java codes are much simpler as they are always located in a KeyInput  or InputHandler class, which extends from KeyAdapter. In the chess engine, the GUI will be intuitive. To know the input methods, just refer to those classes.

I am currently building a new game, but due to very little free time, I will need upto atleast November to finish it, so I have not given it here.I started it in April this year, but could contribute very little time to it. For example, due to my exams and olympiad prep, I have not contributed time to it in the last couple of months.

Tetris ~~> I made this game when I was on vacation on notepad in under six hours.The UI is not that great and the score is only shown on the console, but that is the only minor drawback, which can be easily changed.

BrickBreaker~~> This is a complete game.It was also a weekend project(although it took about 3 days). The best part about this game is that you can add any number of levels to it , as the levels are actually .png file. In the game , these files are parsed and the levels are made.So , just read the code where the levels are being made( I assure you that it will be easy to find as by the time I made it, my OO skills were quite good and the classes are quite well designed.Probably in some class called LevelLoader or something), see the color codes and make a new level image.

ChessEngine  ~~> This is my best game in java.The engine is quite strong.However, please DO NOT set the level above six as the time taken per move will be huge.Play at level 4 or at most 5.Play level 6 if you can beat the earlier levels , but time per move will increase at each level.Also the code can be instructive as it was made keeping readability and not speed in mind.

FriendsConnect~~> This is my chat engine.You can run the server on one computer and the clients on multiple computers provided they are connected by a LAN. They clients will automatically locate the server.For more information, see the README file. 

Platformer~~> this is the only game that I have not finished writing and will probably never do.I gave it up as the number of things that I can do in it are quite high. The code may be useful for someone and they can also probably make the game presentable.That is the only reason I have given it here. This was my first project in java.


All these Java games I  wrote from September 2015 to  March 2016.You might have noticed that in both the case, I wrote the games  from September to March. That is because when our school ends in March I usually start to learn something new.And to learn it well , it takes atleast six months.For example, I learnt the basics and fundamentals of java and OO but when I started to write these games and faced the numerous problems involved , it helped me learn even more.Meanwhile, I also got the Oracle Certification in JAVA 7, which was a good achievment for me.Nowadays, I am not writing any games as I am preparing for IOI qualifiers .

All the qbasic games were written when I was 12 years old,while all the java programs were written when I was 13.The ChessEngine was the longest project, taking approx. 2 months.I also simultaneously made the chat client in a month and the Platformer in that time also.

Here is a link to all the programs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small-to-Large

Segment Tree Beats - An introduction

Getting prepared for RMO